Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Easter of a Brazilian Family

So, yeah I know this post is late guys. Don't be hating. I've been busy. GOSH. Also, I'm in my new family!

But, Easter here was really nice. Damnit I need my journal to do this. But no, it's in my room. So I'm going to try do it off memory. Sorry if it sounds weird and all that jazz. Easter was on the 1st of April right? I can't remember. But, I'll start before that at school.

Wednesday 27th March - At school we did an easter egg swap. But, unlike in Australia where everyone gets up all at once and swaps their eggs, we had to get up one by one and describe the person we were gibing our egg to. Bloody hell. They made me say it in Portuguese. Only becasue my afterschool Portuguese tutor was the techer at the time and she thought it would help me. But. I didn't mind I guess, everyone just kind of laughed at my awkwardness and helped me when I was wrong. Gosh. People are so nice here. I got a dark chocolate egg. Om nom nom nom.

That night, I went to the Rotary meeting and there was some Rotex people there and two short term exchange students there. One had just come back from a month in Ecuador and the other was from Ecuador doing a month in Brasil. My Rotary councillor, Gelse, also gave me an easter gift. It was a really damn good chocolate easter egg and some nice smelling soaps. Noice. But I didn't know so I didn't get her anything.... and I had no money.

That weekend, we had a big family easter lunch at our house. So good. You could say i now am a big fan of prawns. WHY DID I NEVER EAT THEM IN AUSTRALIA? Om nom nom. When everyone was over, I whipped out my Allens Snakes from Australia that mum and dad had sent over, and I shared them with everyone. They loved them. It was nice.

The next day, we went to Walmir's sister's house. Or was it his mothers? I don't know. But it was a relative of his. There Hannah, Taryn and I kind of sat awkwardly in a corner for the time we were there. But when the food came out, damn it was good. Potato salad, spaghetti with meaty sauce and spaghetti with normal sauce, pork (not as great as I thought it would be). And the dessert. Oh my god, they made some hommade lime mousse things. FREAKING AMAZING. I need the recipe for that. So bad.

All in all, it was a fabulous easter.

Oh yeah, on Easter day Carla and Walmir even organies a little easter egg hunt for us when we woke up. Cute much.

So I said it once and I'll say it again. Fabulous easter.


My little Easter loot. Om nom nom. 

 
my family being cute and stuff without me. But, I get a hat too!

 
My Brazilian family enjoying their Snakes.


Can't tell if Snake or booger..... Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment