Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

So What Else Has Been Happening?

The Ballet

So, yeah. My host mum Carla took Hannah and I to see the ballet, it was nice. Kind of like a girls night. Hannah and I took the Metro and met Carla half way, and then we took some more meto and ended up, I think, in Paulista Avenue. On the way, we stopped at a little street market where I bought a little cheap watch. Pretty good for R$25 (USD$12.50) I reckon. The ballet was nice, it was a production from the Sao Paulo Dance Troupe. There was two acts... the first one was based on the migration of swans and stuff. Whut? And the second act was based on fairytales. Kind of like forest spirits and all that. It was creepily good.

The Roteract Meeting

So, I was meant to go to my first party the other weekend but my plans were thwarted by Jany. She tookme along to a Roteract meeting... which I thought would be only one or two hours. No. It went from 10am to 11:30pm. Like what the hell man! Totally missed my party. Poo. But I met some people there, it was aiight. Brad (other Australian), Liz (Mexican) and Cade (American) were there, so I wasn't complety alone. Thank lordy. Jany made us get up on stage and introduce ourselves in front of like 50 people. In portuguese. Now the Mexican and the American have been here for nearly 8 months now so Brad and I got a tad showed up. Awks.


From front to back: Liz, me, Luiz, Brad and Cade


Brad, setting a good example and paying attention during a talk.
 


Us up on stage being all awkward and stuff. 

 
My amazing drawing of Luiz. B**ch, it's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment