Translate

Friday, March 8, 2013

Australia, A Poem.

So today in sociology, everyone was doing duet type poems and stuff.... and the sociology teacher asked me if I wanted to write one about Australia, or myself. So I did.... whipped this baby up in about ten minutes, but I added a verse or two when I got home. I call it "Australian Nation" - by me. Of course.

I am from Australia,
The land down under;
Where the roos roam the streets,
and the cows mow the lawns.

It is true in Australia,
everything can kill you.
Even beloved Kangaroos.

So when you are there,
make sure you beware,
of everything your eyes do meet.

In the middle of our land,
lies a big open pan,
containing the heart of our nation.

Although it's a rock,
still people do flock,
to see our red rock, Uluru.

Our government may be shot,
but we won't quit;
as Australians are toughened that way.

We go on our way,
and live by the day,
to reap what out country does offer.

Throughout our great nation,
lies the history of foundation,
on which this great land was built.

From the convicts in labouring,
to the shearers in shearing,
even the cowboys on horseback,
they all helped our nation grow.

And when the mighty storms do come,
through thunder to plunder,
the land comes together,
united.

We work through the night,
to salvage through blight,
to revive the survivors of might.

Army, Navy, citizens too,
all come together,
when the time is due.

To do what is needed,
to help men get through.

So as the sun rises,
over the deap blue horisons,
we look to the skies,
and salute the ones that have fallen.

Is it awesome? I know it's awesome gee... haha

Peace for now,
Me.





No comments:

Post a Comment