Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Halfway Month

Well, June, six months I have been here. My feelings are everywhere at this point. Well, this month had some cool things in it! Three things in particular. The Cultura Inglesa Festival, Festa Junina in Amparo and going to Iguape. 

I lie, two things. 

Iguape wasn't that great. 

IGUAPE

So this trip was organised by the two exchange students living in Iguape. Nothing especially exciting happened. Literally. I think the most exciting thing that happened this weekend was me getting a Henna tattoo. SAH EXCITING. Well, no, I'm exaggerating a little bit. Sunday we did go to the beach.. lucky us, it was raining too. 



CULTURA INGLESA FESTIVAL

So it was my friend's 18th birthday on the 23rd of June, which just so happened to be the weekend that the Cultura Inglesa english school were having their (I think) annual music festival... featuring, coincidentally, my friend's favorite british artist, Kate Nash. 

So we went (it was a free concert, EXTRA BONUS) - and it was cool, and we got near the front. But, bloody hell, it was like hipster central. I have never seen so many hipsters in my life. And, my lordy, it was so different from music festivals in Australia. I mean, in Aus, there are people dressed up in costumes, there are people dancing and singing and acting crazy. Here... they were just standing there. I was like... what the actual hell. Ah well, all in all, it was a good weekend.






FESTA JUNINA

So Festa Junina is a month long festival in Brasil which celebrates three saints... and it's also a harvest festival. But whatever. It was cool. My Rotary club had organised for all the exchange students in my district.... well, whats left of us (all the oldies are going home). It was in Amparo, about 4 hours from Sao Paulo. All good, get to spend four hours on a bus. Yeah. When we got there (to the farm) they showed us to a room with bunk beds and was like "Yo, pick a bed". 

Ok.

At night we had to PAY for our food and drinks... yay. More money. But later on, there was square dancing and music and all that cool stuff, and some Rotex people came, and they turned out to be really nice and awesome, and we basically talked until 3am. Que legal (that's cool). 

All in all, 'twas a good weekend.




So there you have it, that's funky June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment