Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

School Antics

I have to say, school in Brazil is quite different than school in Australia in every way possible. In school, you don't get to choose your subjects, it's just like: Oh this year you are doing 2 math classes, literature, grammatical, English, 2 biology classes, 2 chemistry classes, physics, Spanish, philosophy, sociology and finally physical education. Oh dear lord. The intensity. And they don't have set timetables. At the beginning of the week someone comes around and tells you what classes you will have that week, and it changes every time. GOSH DARN THE CONFUSION.

But, on the upside, the intensity of the niceness of these people is crazy. Even the teachers are really nice, and some are a bit crazy. And, I will have to admit.. Most are good looking as all hell. But, as always, there are some people where you think "Why aren't you in a cave so far underground that light can't reach you?" I mean, I'm not mean but come on.. why would your mothers womb come up with something like that?!

 For example of the craziness I deal with, the Sociology teacher in my first lesson with him said this to me:
"Ashleigh! Do you like Carnival? No I do not like, so much ass. Always ass, too much ass in my face, all the time! No, I don't like"

I could not stop laughing. In the same lesson he wrote on a window because, well, smart boards are way too mainstream. He even taught me how to say 'Ass' in Portuguese. He wouldn't continue teaching the lesson until I said it out loud. I had no choice! Don't be hating yo. In another lesson with him I told him in Australia we don't usually kiss people on the cheek as a greeting. Especially not strangers. My god. His face. Priceless. He looked like he was going to fall off his chair and have a heart attack. So what does he do? He walks up to me and plants a big on on my cheek. OH THE AWKWARDNESS.

He's not the only one. Today, my history teacher asked if Road Runner was from Australia. No, sadly we cannot claim that one :(

BUT, most of all, what really weird me out is that some teachers use microphones to teach their lessons.... in classrooms smaller than in Australia. Yes. I think I can hear you now.

Also, shush about the horrdiness of this horrid photo. It was early in the morning and it's a horrible face for a horrible uniform. Legit. Red and blue, seriously? EWH.

 
Check out mah school yo: http://www.jardimsaopaulo.com.br/site/index.php

Also, I forgot to tell you, the front of my school kind of makes it look like a prison. Iron gates, barbed wire.... security guards. Really instense stuff. Kind of fitting for a school really. They feel like prison, no matter where you are in the world :P

No comments:

Post a Comment